Re: Home Routers/Gateways

I've had luck with LinkSys 54G devices.  I can't remember which
particular model numbers but I've done TCP port forwarding almost
exactly as you described with no issues.

Also, the IPSec protocol works on these devices (again the ones I've
used) as there's an IPsec check box.  This basically allows IPSec to
work properly.  Depending on what encryption protocol your Win Client
uses this may or may not work the same.

Tim McDonough wrote:
> I need a replacement for the home DSL router here. Wonder what you all
> might recommend as a solid unit that supports wired and wireless
> connections.
>
> I need something with port forwarding. There are two Linux machines
> here available to the outside world for SSH, SMTP, and POP services.
>
> I also need to be able to use a WinXP machine at home to access a
> Windows server elsewhere via VPN connection using the Windows client
> and server. (Some Netgear products apparently don't support the
> protocol for this.)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tim
> Springfield, IL