Re: Samba Domain: Install applications on XP clients

> I haven't had time to try WPKG out yet.  If administrative access is
> required I'd consider this a MAJOR drawback to using this system.

Of course, you need administrative access to install WPKG - this is true
for every application that you're going to install on a workstation, right?

When WPKG is installed, it runs and installs software automatically in
the background, whenever the workstation boots up, even when no one has
logged on to that PC.

> This makes me wonder if there may be further documentation in their
> support forums showing how to run this without a domain user logging in
> with local administrator rights.

Check http://wpkg.org for more documentation, and ask on WPKG forums if
you can't find answers to your questions.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org