From: silug-discuss-owner@silug.org [mailto:silug-discuss-owner@silug.org]
On Behalf Of Robert Citek
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 8:15 AM
To: silug-discuss@silug.org
Subject: Re: Distro Recommendation

On Jun 21, 2006, at 3:58 AM, Aaron Call wrote:
> Right, I loaded SBM onto the HD. I may try BCDL too. As I type,
> Xubuntu is booting up for the first time on the system in question. I
> installed using one of my desktops and an adapter. At first, I wasn't
> thinking and had to rearrange things so that it would install on "hda"
> instead of "hdc."
> Looks like X Server errors but otherwise a good install.

Yup.  At ByteWorks we get those errors when cloning, too.  Just boot into
Recovery Mode, type 'dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg', answer the questions
(defaults has so far always worked for us), and then type '/ etc/init.d/gdm
restart'.  You should see the spinning xfce mouse.

Be sure to let us know how things go.

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS for Windows, Linux,
*BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent

-
To unsubscribe, send email to majordomo@silug.org with "unsubscribe
silug-discuss" in the body.