Re: ByteWorks, FLOSS, and refurbishing machines

Hello all-

I am actually in the process of wiping computers for my company
to be donated to a local elementary school. I am interested in
actually double checking that our hard-drives do not contain any
recoverable data. I am using a utility that uses the  DoD
5220.22-M 7 pass 1 verify method for wiping disks.

What do you recommend for verifying that all the data has been
erased? Is there a certain boot-able distro that specializes in
data recovery?

Besides just trying to mount /dev/hda, I am not very linux savvy-
so some commands would also be appreciated for trying to recover
data from a wiped hard disk.

Thanks,
- Aaron