Re: Simple ftp question...

On Mar 8, 2006, at 9:24 PM, fiaid@quasi-sane.com wrote:
> that is if you want to send single commands.

Or multiple single commands:

$ echo -e "open ftp.silug.org\npwd\nls\ncd mirrors\nls\nquit\n" | ncftp

$ cat <<eof | ncftp
open ftp.silug.org
pwd
ls
cd mirrors
ls
quit
eof

> i needed to do something along this line a while ago and I used
> expect to feed ftp the commands that I wanted to run.  although,
> now i would use perl and open a pipe that way.  it allows for
> greater customization and output formatting.

Agreed.  If you want flow control use expect or perl or python or ruby.

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent