Re: Mac OS X hacked in under 30 minutes

On Mar 7, 2006, at 11:31 AM, Richard H. Fifarek wrote:
> 	To some extent, yes, which is unfortunate because it gives users a
> false sense of security (pun intended) and they tend to be less
> diligent about patches, safe computing practices, etc.  There are
> some known issues on OS X that remain unpatched:
>
> http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/security/soa/
> Ancient_flaws_leave_OS_X_vulnerable_/0,2000061744,39234678,00.htm

Unfortunately, that article was rather light on specifics.
Personally I'd like to see a list of vulnerabilities, e.g. in
bugzilla or similar bug tracker.  That would do two things: 1) make
users aware of the vulnerabilities and 2) pressure Apple to fix them.

Come to think of it, isn't OS X based on Darwin?  Does Darwin use
some kind of bug tracking system?  Does such a list exist and I'm
unaware?

This looks a link in the right direction:

http://www.opensource.apple.com/projects/bugs.html

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent