Re: bashing

"tar czf /path/and/filename.tar victim files here" does compress the
data with gzip, and you can name the file anything you want, so you
could do "tar czf /path/and/filename.tar.gz victim files here" as well.

i am not certain what you are wanting to know for the other part though,
you will need to give me more of a scenerio of what you are trying to
accomplish.

Casey