Windows XP and the SID on old HDD moving to new computer.

Hi,

A buddy just bought a new computer (Best Buy E-machines low-ender) and
wanted to move his old drive from the old computer to the new one.
After booting, XP went through this long process of "Replacing invalid
security id with default security id for file 29" He asked me about it
and all I could recall was something Bryan said about the SID in NTFS.
Does this always happen? Another bud said it never happened to him.
Could it be the result of SP2?

Thanks, I know this is not a topic for a Linux group, but you guys
know a lot of disk related things.

Ed