Re: Gimp/GimpShop

On Dec 8, 2005, at 4:01 PM, Corey Lanier wrote:
> I'm actually planning on compiling it tonight or tomorrow.  Haven't
> noticed a Gentoo ebuild for it, so I might go ahead and make that
> and submit it too.

Great.  Even though I'm not a Gentoo user, thanks for the
contribution to FLOSS at large.

> I'm rather versed in Photoshop, so I think it's a much better
> alternative to it than straight up GIMP.  Or at least the
> screenshots portray it that way.

When you get a chance to trying it out, please let us know that you
think.  I don't know either photoshop or GIMP.  However, everyone I
know that does some kind of graphics work uses Photoshop.  So, I'm
hoping I can now ask them some simple questions, they tell me what to
do using Photoshop, and I can do what they tell me using GimpShop.

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent