Re: Gimp/GimpShop

On Dec 8, 2005, at 11:16 AM, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 10:13 -0600, Robert Citek wrote:
>> GIMP definitely has a learning curve.  As an alternative, has anyone
>> tried GimpShop?
>>    http://gimpshop.blogspot.com/2005/10/what-is-gimpshop.html
>
> Remember, the uses of a Raster (Bitmap) Graphics program like
> Photoshop,
> GIMP, etc... are _different_ than a Vector Graphics program like
> Illustrator, Sodipodi, Inkscape, etc...
>
> Diagramming programs like Visio, Kivio, Dia, etc... are a variant
> of the
> Vector Graphics program, so GIMP would _not_ be appropriate.

Agreed.  GIMP wouldn't be the appropriate tool for a flowchart.  I
was just building off of NZG's comment about GIMP.  I changed the
subject to reflect the new thread.

So, has anyone here tried GimpShop?  I'm in the process of installing
it on my Mac right now.  There's versions for Windows and Linux, too.

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent