Re: Linux Visio

> Kivio is KDE's diagramming program with stencils.
After some fooling around, this does appear to be the way to go.
Pretty powerful and easy to use

> Dia is GNOME's diagramming program, but it's really lacking
> and fairly stalled.
Yea, it's pretty funky. Seems lame compared to Kivio.

> If you just want a "vector-graphics" editing program, then
> OpenOffice.org/StarOffice's Draw is good enough for me.  I
> use it for my diagrams used in my CMP Media publications,
> both JPG (web) and EPS (print) versions.  E.g.,
>   http://www.samag.com/documents/s=9408/sam0411b/0411b_f7.htm
O, I'm a GIMP man these days when it comes to general art.
It's got a learning curve, but it's worth it.
Still, I need a flowchart tool, because it just takes so much longer for me to
do it in the GIMP.

I've tried OOO's drawing program but wasn't too impressed with it.
If they offered Visio compatibility that would be on thing, but as I
understand it that's impossible for some reason.
Course I'm using still using Debian testings 1.1.4.
2.0 May be better, I don't know

NZG