Re: Mozilla Firefox- CPU hog on certain websites.

Robert Citek wrote:

> On Nov 8, 2005, at 11:55 PM, Rodoke Ensala wrote:
>
>> Or, if you're too lazy to maintain blacklists, you can try the
>> Prefbar extension which makes toggling Flash (and Java and
>> Javascript) much simpler.
>

> Sounds interesting.  Can you explain a bit more?
>
> Regards,
> - Robert
> http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
> Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
> for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent

Well its homepage (at http://prefbar.mozdev.org/) could explain it
better than I could, but basically it allows you to conveniently toggle
and change various Firefox features. It does webpage features like
custom fonts, colors and GIF Animation; Firefox plugins like Java,
Javascript and Flash; browser features like referrer and user agent
string.  It can control it all from a toolbar or a text menu.