Mozilla Firefox- CPU hog on certain websites.

Hello,
I am  having problems with Firefox hogging all the cpu time on certain
websites, specifically the forums on
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/
Just sitting on the main forums page cpu is around 25%-30%, if I open up a
couple of topics then it runs away with 90% or more, effectively locking up
the computer.  It takes 2-5 seconds for anything to respond.
Any ideas on how to fix this?
This site was always slow, but has become unusable lately.

I am running Firefox 1.04 from debian stable.

Thanks,
Matt