Re: Round two mPlayer

I got some helping hands to look at this too.  We agree.  We don't know
what to do about it though.

Can you give any more hints/help/site visit, maybe a new laptop?

All kidding aside we don't know what to do about the indirect rendering.

Returning from Windows, as I am, I am constantly running into minor
problems that although minor are show stoppers for 30 minutes to and
hour at a time.  My latest was that mplayer would not permit me to eject
the dvd tray to change movies.  Pushing the hardware button on the tray
hand no effect.  I could not find an eject function on the gui.  It
wasn't until I thought of opening the terminal and issuing 'eject' from
the prompt that I could eject the tray, that or a restart.

I am having to relearn the idea of the terminal as the court of last
resort.  I am constantly having to have an internal dialog along the
lines of "You're just learning the system.  Don't be comparing with the
ease of Windows.  It is just that you KNOW Windows that it seems
better." A lot of times I'm not convincing myself.

I don't understand the concept of supplying all these redundant
partially working programs.  I think that maybe Fedora Core was a bad
choice.  I was reading somewhere that FC was supposed to be the bleeding
edge.  If I would have known that I would have chosen something else.

I had Mandrake.  It seemed better, more stable, a little cleaner. But,
Mandriva??  What's up with that?   I think that I will try Ubuntu next
if I reformat this system.

end rant.

Thanks for the help thus far.  Any additional will be appreciated.