Where oh where has my uudecode gone?

I am trying to build an application using a provided make file. When I
give the make command, it cranks for a few seconds and then complains
that it can't find uudecode. I search the system and it is nowhere. I do
a yum list "*uu*" and it's not on the list. I always thought that this
is one of those utilities that always gets installed, kind of like tar.
Also, the man page exists for it, but uuencode and uudecode is nowhere
to be found. Anyone have any ideas on where I can get it and or why it
wasn't installed?

Thanks,
Ken