Re: verizon dsl

On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 19:53 -0500, Leon Raymer wrote:
> But, Verizon seems to be a Windows only operation. Even the install CD
> requires Windows and the first thing it does is search for the Microsoft
> JVM. Ouch.

I have Verizon DSL and didn't use the CD.  There's a link that the CD
points to and that's all you need to setup your DSL.  I'll try to get
the link tomorrow and e-mail you.

> Has anyone successfully installed Verizon dsl on a straight Linux
> machine (Ubuntu, no dual boot)?

Doing it right now.  The modem just requires an ethernet connection and
it's automatically setup to use DHCP.  No PPPoE to configure on your
machine or anything else to worry about.  You can setup the modem to act
in a different way but it comes from Verizon setup for NAT.  I got the
Westel modem with 802.11b and Westel has some good documentation for it
on there website.

Jason
--
Jason Smith