Re: OT - Wipers

On Aug 25, 2005, at 5:04 PM, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> Huh?  Depends on the classification.
> Some only require degausing.

Sorry.  I left off the ";)"  Some agencies won't let the computer out
the door with the disk no matter what software used to wipe/shred/
whatever.  The only way to get the disk would be to turn in into
something other than a disk, e.g. melt it down.  But those are
usually the "black helicopter" agencies.

I remember going to a reseller of used Sun hardware and finding a
bunch of relatively new hardware (for that time.)  Not a single
machine had disks.

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent