Re: FC4/x86_64 and ALSA: [long] noise and distortion

FWIW, I have a SB-Live 24-Bit. My sound isn't a good
as in windows, but I have made it better by turning
off all the unused channels (I'm just using a pair of
analog speakers). Also, I have played with the
combination of the volume out from the card (the
volume on the one remaining channel) and the speakers.
Between those two adjustments it is liveable, but I
agree that the sound in windows is just better. I
imagine if I were using the digital channels it might
be better.

--- Nathaniel Reindl <fiction@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> This is driving me nuts, and I'm considering pulling
> a jwz because of
> it, ironically, for a reason involving the same bit
> of hardware.
>
> For the past several months, I've been trying to
> figure out a sane way
> to get the noise and distortion to go away, but
> alas, short of diving
> into the ALSA code and digging around, I've found no
> way at all to get
> rid of it.  I've tried four different cards (two
> emu10k1, one es1370,
> and one intel8x0), and none of them solved the
> issue.

Faith without Works is Dead...