Re: yum gui?

I know of kyum (kde of course) and yumex (yum extender). Both work,
although maybe not quite as well as synaptic.

Kyum: http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=22185

Yumex link: http://fedoranews.org/tchung/yumex/

To add a question to this response, is there a way within yum to do the
equivelant of "pinning" in apt? I mix repositories (don't bother telling
me I shouldn't, I'm just going to continue on my non-production
machines) and I'd like to give some of the repositories more weight.

eks

Robert Citek wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a gui for yum for FC{2,3,4}?
>
> Like apt-get has kpackage and synaptic, I was wondering if yum has
> something similar for Fedora?  I've come across yum-extender, but  that
> seems to only work for for FC4.  Are people here using others?   If so,
> which?
>
> I have been using apt4rpm with great success, but thought I'd try
> something different on this new install.
>
> Regards,
> - Robert
> http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
> Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
> for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent

----
Erich Schroeder, PhD.
Associate Curator of Technology Learning Center
Illinois State Museum