Re: yum gui?

From: Robert Citek <rwcitek@alum.calberkeley.org>
> I've come across yum-extender, but that seems to only work
> for for FC4.  Are people here using others?   If so, which?

eWeeks' Jason Brooks was using Yumex for FC3:

I had previously used YUMGUI from Cobind, but not since
FC2 admittedly (and probably doesn't do the FC3+ RPM
changes):
  http://www.cobind.com/yumgui.html

I know there are at least 2 others out there, but names
aren't coming to my mind.  I'm a CLI whore, so I guess
I haven't been good.

Plus I had been relying on APT-RPM/Synaptic for a long time,
maintaining my own repositories.  Even in the case of x86-64,
I'd just make sure I only had one i386 or x86_64 binary for
any given package.

But now that I'm using x86-64 more as a consumer desktop,
I ran into what Steven had said prior (and didn't understand)
-- YUM is the way if you want concurrent i386 and x86_64
binaries.  So I guess I need to do some reserach on this as
well.

--
Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org