Re: Disgusted with DSL

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 08:03 -0500, Robert Citek wrote:
> {{router+FW/NAT/DHCP}
    ^^^^^^    ^^^

<nitpick>
Isn't [one-to-many] NAT (aka NAT/PAT) what people refer to as the
"router"** anyway?  I mean, it's the Network Address Translation / Port
Address Translation (NAT/PAT) that handles the actual communication**
between the two networks**?

**And not actually any routing?  Hence why it's not really "router+NAT"
but just "'router' aka NAT"?
</nitpick>

Don't mean to be anal on this, but I'm starting nitpick more because I
had a client months back that was so thick on what a "router" is that I
couldn't get them to understand they needed a "real router."  I.e., they
had more than one internal subnet to their main location (as well as
several other locations).

--
Bryan J. Smith                                     b.j.smith@ieee.org
It is mathematically impossible for someone who makes more than you