Re: [OT] DVD Burners

On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 08:10:21PM -0500, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 18:38 -0500, Kara Pritchard wrote:
> > We stock the Samsung TS-H552.
>
> Hmmm, any reason you're stocking that?

a) It is cheap (pretty much the cheapest thing we can get OEM with all
   the Windows software).
b) We've had good luck with Samsung drives (optical and otherwise).

> I didn't see it supported on the CDRecord 2.0 + DVDpatch page:
>   http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~warly/files/cdrtools/
>
> But that doesn't mean it doesn't work with it.  Just curious what Linux
> software you recommend for use with it?

Mine has worked fine with k3b or growisofs (what k3b seems to be
using).  I've had some issues with cdrecord, but I wrote that off as
some combination of old firmware and crappy PCI Promise IDE
controller.  Since growisofs works fine, I haven't taken the time to
figure out what the problem (which I only had once, BTW) was.
(Laziness is a virtue, right?  ;-)

> Oh, I don't need it right now.  I'm considering buy a couple in a
> month or so for a couple of assemblies for people.  If you can order
> them, I'll definitely give you'all a call instead of NewEgg.

We always appreciate that.  :-)

(618)398-3000             | See web site for meeting details.