Re: DSL Provider Ratings?

On 7/14/05, Tim McDonough <tim@mcdonough.net> wrote:
I'm probably just not searching for the right thing... Is there
anywhere that ranks the quality/responsiveness of various
DSL/broadband providers around the country?

I need to find a provider for a facility we will be opening in
Charlotte, NC. (Small office. Two users.) There are several to choose
from and while price is important having it work reliably is more
important. Covad, Time Warner, and Earthlink seem to be the leading
contenders in the area with a bunch of others that just seem to be
selling the services of one of those three.

Tim,

I work for a national DSL Provider and we use Covad to expand our footprint.  Covad is good, I also recomend talking with the local phone company.  I don't know how familiar you are with DSL but give yourself enough time( i.e. month) if you don't use the local phone company.  Also nothing is guarteed in the DSL world until it is brought out to the site and tested.

Good feedback site for DSL Providers: dslreports.com

--
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.  -Einstein