Re: /etc/hosts not consulted

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 02:04 -0500, Kyle Pointer wrote:
> Don't mean to start any sort of flame war or anything, but it is my
> opinion that SELinux has issues. I, personally, will disable SELinux
> during the Fedora install, because it always messes up my video drivers,
> and will sometimes keep MySQL from talking to Apache correctly. :|
> I might play with it every once in a while, but often I simple cannot
> use it because it is debilitating to my system, and if I can't serve my
> webpage, I become very angry. :)

Kyle,

Next month I'm retaking the RH300 course for RHEL4. SELinux is just one
of the new components introduced since RH7.1, and I hope they spend time
going through its fine points. Overcoming my ignorance of SELinux is one
of my major objectives this time. From what I've read about it thus far,
it offers a quantum leap in application-specific security that makes
things like permissions and ACLs seem primitive in comparison.

-- Doc
Robert G. (Doc) Savage, BSE(EE), CISSP, RHCE | Fairview Heights, IL
Fedora Core 4 kernel 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4 on a P-III/M IBM Thinkpad A22p
            ** Bob Costas for Baseball Commissioner **