Re: Windowmaker Question

N> You wouldn't actually modify /usr/bin/wmaker or the source code from
N> which it was compiled.  Depending on how things are set up, you should
N> be modifying $HOME/.xsession or $HOME/.Xclients or similar to set up
M> your session.  Or, better yet, you should be running a session manager
N> (does wmaker have one yet?) to take care of all of that so that you can
N> have things play nicely with kdm/gdm.
N>
N> Go ahead and provide some more information about how your login
N> procedure goes, and I'll try to give you a hand.

I don't use a display manager.  My computer boots into console mode,
I log in (log on?) then launch Windowmaker with the command:

     "xinit /usr/bin/wmaker"

Works like a champ for Windowmaker and all other WMs.
Display managers are more trouble than they are worth!  :-)

/usr/bin/wmaker is shell script, and I received an e-mail a little
while ago advising me that the last line of the script is probably
something like "exec wmaker" and I should insert
"/usr/bin/panelname &" as the next-to-last line.  ?!?!?!
Call the panel and *then* call the WM?  Doesn't sound
kosher to me. But, I tried it and it works!  Now when I launch
Windowmaker, I have panel at the bottom of my screen.  :-)