Re: Windowmaker Question

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 07:23:52PM -0500, Harold Crouch wrote:
> If I were to add an extra line of code to /usr/bin/wmaker that would
> cause either /usr/bin/fbpanel or /usr/bin/perlpanel to automatically
> launch every time Windowmaker launches, where exactly would I add
> that line and what exactly would that line look like?

You wouldn't actually modify /usr/bin/wmaker or the source code from
which it was compiled.  Depending on how things are set up, you should
be modifying $HOME/.xsession or $HOME/.Xclients or similar to set up
your session.  Or, better yet, you should be running a session manager
(does wmaker have one yet?) to take care of all of that so that you can
have things play nicely with kdm/gdm.

Go ahead and provide some more information about how your login
procedure goes, and I'll try to give you a hand.

--
Nathaniel Reindl, freelance tech support monkey and college student
Fedora Core 4 kernel 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4 on an AMD Opteron 240