Kernel Panic...

I did a yum update this morning and it downloaded and installed 6
packages including a new kernel. I have a custom built kernel that I
have been using for a little while now. It is like 2.6.11 or close to
there. Anyway, my system was lagging because a jvm was running in the
background consuming a lot of resources. When I killed it, I couldn't
start any applications. Next, when I tried to shutdown gracefully, it
gave me several errors about init spawning to fast and needing to wait
5 minutes before trying again. So, I did a hard reboot and now I have
a strange error when I try to boot to my custom kernel. Here is the
error as best as I can type it...

audit(1118974658.936:0): avc: denied  { execmod } for pid=1 comm=init
path=/lib/tls/libc-2.3.5.so dev=hda5 ino=639006
scontext=user_u:system_r:unconfined_t
tcontext=system_u:object_r:shlib_t tclass=file
/sbin/init: error while loading shared libraries: /lib/tls/libc.so.6:
cannot apply additional memory protection after relocation: Permission
denied

I'm running FC3 on a laptop and I have never had any problems like
this. I am going to reboot and try using the newer kernel. However,
that won't be a final solution because I need to have SMP enable, 8k
stacks enabled, and Riva support disabled in order to have a stable
rig and I have been unable to find this combination available in a
precompiled form.

Thanks for your help ahead of time.

Ken Keefe