Re: FC4/x86_64 install: kernel panic (unable to mount root FS)

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 17:20 -0500, Nathaniel Reindl wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 07:51:51AM -0500, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> > Do you have to do that just once? As in some sort of weird inoculation?
> >
> > Or do you have to do it at every boot?
>
> It's at the ISOLINUX boot: prompt, so it's every time you boot off the
> FC4 install media.
>
> Note that once you have the system installed, everything will be fine.
> It's just the install/upgrade off the installation media that likes
> being an absolute PITA with this.

Nate,

(Gee, it's a pleasure to read a non-BSD msg these days...:-/ )

I upgraded FC3 -> FC4 using a DVD I got from Steve. I had no problems
booting from it directly to the boot: prompt. From there I just hit
<Enter> and things were off & running. No double-pump required either
during the installation or after.

--Doc

P.S. Post install, though, I must have spent an hour stripping out all
the non-English packages for aspell, openoffice.org, man, etc. The last
time I tried asking for a 'Merican-only "everything" install, every git
with a room temperature (or lower) IQ chimed in to ask what there was
about the word "everything" I didn't understand.