Re: Wanting opinions...

<SNIP>
> > De Raadt says BSD could have become the world's most popular open source
> operating system, except that a lawsuit over BSD scared away developers.
> LOL! And the Linux community hasn't been threatened? hello, SCO...
> I have never even heard of a lawsuit against BSD.
> We don't use it because it doesn't have nearly the hardware support,
> community, documentation, or features of Linux.

<SNIP>

> NZG.

NZG,

I thought the BSD lawsuit was common knowledge:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkeley_Software_Distribution

The lawsuit slowed development of the free-software descendants of BSD
for nearly two years while their legal status was in question, and as
a result systems based on the Linux kernel, which did not have such
legal ambiguity, gained greater support. Linux and 386BSD began
development at about the same time, and Linus Torvalds has said that
if there had been a free Unix-like operating system on the 386 at the
time, he likely would not have created Linux.

Oh, and Theo has pissed off a bunch of people within the BSD
community, too (namely FreeBSD).  He just likes controversy.

GS