[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ot: ultimate in firewall security :)
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: ot: ultimate in firewall security :)
- From: Casey Boone <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 14:58:57 -0500
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:user-agent:x-accept-language:mime-version:to:subject:references:in-reply-to:x-enigmail-version:x-enigmail-supports:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=r8cfeGAtxx0SEXgTwUPtgdI3uZFdBP8zHc/36ynexN59nu91nkf4d4wKX8rk8TvDiQ2Ug19mpW+59VU4UC/F8B6Zsi4ez9cZGo6KC0WqZ1/u6xxOagN+ZIwe0xoFyIhKgZR8F96FoXwR2oUIpBvyKtXB7Uo2rs2nA/pPN/KhNDg=
- In-Reply-To: <email@example.com>
- Organization: Southern Illinois Linux Users Group
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 (Windows/20041206)
apm is disabled, i will post the hdparm as soon as i get back to his
office. i cant do it remotely (going to have to power cycle the box to
get back in)
i am not setting anything with hdparm on boot though, this is a fresh
fc3 install and the only configuration i have really done anything with
is kill off things from running at init and setting up iptables
>Casey Boone wrote ..
>>just know it isnt the hard drive, ...
>>>Are you enabling funky disk modes (spin-down, etc.) via hdparm?
>Run an 'hdparm -I /dev/hda' (or whatever hd device you want).
>Post the results.
>An 'hdparm -h' reveals the following parameters of interest:
>>Usage: hdparm [options] [device] ..
>>-B set Advanced Power Management setting (1-255)
>>-C check IDE power mode status
>>-I detailed/current information directly from drive
>>-S set standby (spindown) timeout
>>-y put IDE drive in standby mode
>>-Y put IDE drive to sleep
>>-Z disable Seagate auto-powersaving mode
>I'm wondering if you've got some funky power-save mode enabled,
>and your kernel isn't waking it up after the drive goes to sleep.
>Do you have APM enabled?
>The manpage entry for that -S option was pretty interesting.
>Hope it helps.
>To unsubscribe, send email to email@example.com with
>"unsubscribe silug-discuss" in the body.
To unsubscribe, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with
"unsubscribe silug-discuss" in the body.