Re: Did I stump the band?

On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 01:57 -0600, Robert Citek wrote:
> I also recommend using qtparted.

Robert,

I'd like to, but it's not part of RHEH4.

> Resizing the partition does not necessarily resize the filesystem on
> that partition.  I don't recall if parted automatically resizes the
> filesystem or not.  So you may have to run resize2fs after you've
> expanded your partition.

I hadn't thought about that. Another good example of "assume", eh?

> Oh, and make a backup of your original data ... just in case.

Uhhh.... Fine idea, but that'd be like moving Bandini Mountain. I
already have 434GB of forensic data on that filesystem. Any attempt to
back that up to tape and verify it would take several days -- if not
weeks -- assuming I had that many DDS-3 tapes (which I don't). I'm
hoping affordable 25GB blu-ray DVD-Rs become available "soon".

> BTW, why is it called nahant?

It's a Red Hat thing. A Google search directs you to some tiny burg
called Nahant, MA where they apparently do some sailing. Welcome to Woop
Woop.

--Doc