Growing a large partition in place

I created a large hardware RAID5 partition under RHEL3 with the old
dpt_i2o driver. I'm now running RHEL4 whose new i2o_block driver can
create partitions larger than the 1024*1024MB = 1048576MB limit of the
old driver:

   # parted /dev/i2o/hdb print
   Disk geometry for /dev/i2o/hdb: 0.000-1120112.000 megabytes
   Disk label type: msdos
   Minor    Start       End     Type      Filesystem  Flags
   1          0.031 1048570.708  primary   ext3       boot
   Information: Don't forget to update /etc/fstab, if necessary

I have no idea why RHEL3's fdisk set the boot flag. This has always been
a data partition mounted to /pub. If I read 'man parted' correctly, the
command sequence I want to use would be:

   # parted set /dev/i2o/hdb boot off
   # parted resize /dev/i2o/hdb 0.031 1120112.000

I've never used parted. If I had my druthers I'd druther experiment on
another, less important partition. There's no margin for error. This is
critical data. That said, could someone REALLY familiar with parted
please confirm these numbers, or advise what value(s) I should use
instead?

TIA

-- Doc
Robert G. (Doc) Savage, BSE(EE), CISSP, RHCE | Fairview Heights, IL
RHEL3/ESu4 on Tyan S2468UGN w/3G, dual Athlon MP 2800+, 1.1T RAID5
"Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
                         -- Admiral of the Fleet Sergei G. Gorshkov