Re: yee-gads! i almost had it.

On Wednesday, Feb 23, 2005, at 15:07 US/Central, bntly.rhds wrote:
> greetings, i pulled out my reeference book and discovered the heximal
> thing for fstab someone mentioned was 0 for full rights (normally 7),
> and so on.  i found in the book how it was determined.  apparently if
> i want -rwxrw-r-- then i need to put 764 minus 666 which gives me 098.
>  i don't know, but does that sound right?

You may want to go to a LUG meeting with your box and USB stick.  Or
hop on an IRC channel.  Sounds like your going down a very complicated
path for something that is not that big of a deal.

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent