Re: Linux, ext2 vs fat32

I have NFS mounts on my laptop from my desktop machines, all in a
folder.  From these mountpoints, I can create symbolic links:

lrwxrwxrwx  1 jack users 20 Feb 12 15:55 jack -> /network/rocky/jack//

This will work regardless of whether the USB drive is FAT32 or EXT2.

Just as a side note, you are aware that the fmask and dmask keywords are
umasks, right?  In other words, they're the inverse of the permissions
you are seeking (7 for an octal permission would translate into a umask
of 0).

Paul Nicholas McCubbins <nick77@dtnspeed.net>