"Home" Networking Question

A few weeks ago I ended up with the use of a laptop that has wireless
networking built in so of course I wanted to add a wireless router
here at home so I can surf the net while I watch TV.

We have a wireless DSL connection here and I've been using a D-Link
DI-808HV 8-port router w/VPN. Prior to the laptop there were a total
of 6 machines (Linux, Win98, Win2000, and WinXP) here. All has worked
well for a year or more now.

I got a small D-Link DI-524 Wireless router. Rather than it being
connected to the wireless DSL it's connected to a port on the first
router. It get's it's IP address, etc. from the DI-808HV.

In this configuration the laptop can get to the Internet, send and
receive mail, etc. It cannot however see any of the other machines on
the home network, share printers, or see the Samba server. If I
connect the laptop directly to the main DI-808HV with a network cable
it can see and access everything so I don't *think* it is a laptop
configuration problem (I have been wrong before.)

Is there a way to configure the wireless router so that computers
connected to it can see machines on the DI-808HV (the "main"
router/gateway)? It would seem that some combination of netmask, port
openings, etc. would make the "routing"/translation transparent so
everything would be connected to the same internal network.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Tim
Springfield, IL