Re: OT: Your own Bit Torrent Tracker

On Sunday, Feb 6, 2005, at 16:45 US/Central, Daniel wrote:
> I found this torrent site and thought to share with everyone.  You can
> set up your own tracker.
>
> owntracker.com
>
> I have uploaded a Linux PDF and the Linksys WRT54G Firmware for
> everyone on this list!  For those with Bit torrent click on my link at
> the bottom and start downloading!

In addition to the really cheesy advertising, that site needs quite a
bit of work.  Once you have a .torrent on the site, there's no way to
change or remove it, e.g. if you want to correct errors or upload a new
version.  Also, there's no way to remove your name once it's there.

I'd like to believe that there's a better way.  It uses
http://www.torrenttrader.com/ .  Anyone know of other web-interface
trackers?

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent