I can recommend...

This is not an advertisement. Just passing along word that I got very
good service from this vendor. If you have a laptop that needs non-
trivial repairs, try:

A K Laptop Repair
19737 Ventura Bldv #204
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
Voice: (818) 340-6384
Fax: (888) 665-3808
E-mail: fixit1@laptoprepair.com
Web: http://www.laptoprepair.com

The backlight on the LCD screen of my out-of-warranty Thinkpad went
totally dark a couple of months ago. The external monitor port was fine,
but that's not what a laptop is all about, is it? LaptopRepair quoted me
$195 to fix the backlight. I also asked them to replace the keyboard.
They had to locate one, and that added two weeks to the repair time.
When all was said and done, it took a month and $305 (UPS took two weeks
of that). The old ThinkPad now looks and runs like brand new.

--
Robert G. (Doc) Savage, BSE(EE), CISSP, RHCE | Fairview Heights, IL
Fedora Core 3 kernel 2.6.10-1.760_FC3 on a P-III/M IBM Thinkpad A22p