-----Original Message-----
From:  Robert Citek
Date:  05-1-31 14:18
To:  silug-discuss@silug.org
Subj:  Re: General Linux Laptoppin'

On Monday, Jan 31, 2005, at 16:03 US/Central, Ray Holtz wrote:
> Then a minute later I took a regular Windows XP CD and did a complete
> reinstall of XP.  I put XP on a 40% partition with NTFS, made a 10%
> fat32 partition, then a day or two later installed Redhat 8 on the
> other 50% of the drive.  The fat32 partition is a nice spot to place
> files you want to be writable to both OSes.  Even though Linux can
> read NTFS it can't write to it, so the Fat32 partition comes in handy
> so I can work with files from both sides of the hard drive.

You can probably do away with the fat32 since Windows can read ext2/3
(not write) and Linux can read NTFS (not write).  BTW, Mac OS/X can
read and write to ext2.  More info:

   http://www.cwelug.org/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi?Filesystems

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource.  Distribute FLOSS for
Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent