Re: General Linux Laptoppin'

Mandrake includes a partition-resizer in its install
which works fine with all versions of Windows. First,
make sure you defrag the windows partition first. I
did have a Windows2000 parition where windows had put
unmoveable system files far out on the disk. I
actually had to re-install Win2k before I could resize
the partition!

--- NZG <ngustavson@emacinc.com> wrote:

> As I'm sure I've mentioned once or twice, I'm
> getting ready to buy a laptop.
> Once I do this I'm going to put Linux on it, but
> don't really want to wipe my
> Windows distro if possible, I'd rather create a Lilo
> dual-boot.
>
> This is a new trick for me, as Windows will already
> be on it, and will
> undoubtedly have partitioned the whole drive into
> one big stupid fat system,
> and I can't add another drive like I can with a PC.
>
> As I understand it, I can modify the partition space
> somehow without
> destroying the information on the existing Windows
> partition. (I think the
> Debian distro may even be able to do this)
> Has anyone done this before? How well does it work?
> What's a good howto/watchout link?
>
> thx,
> NZG.
>

> -