Re: Any Sarge/Testing APT sources that have stuff like mplayer

BS> I've heard Christian Marillat's APT repository is the best for
BS> multimedia and other DPKG packages:  http://marillat.free.fr/
BS> Alternatively:  ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/
BS> </Second Hand Knowledge>

http://marillat.free.fr/ is no longer maintained.
Bryan's alternate is the correct URL.
Add the following line to /etc/apt/sources.list

     deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ testing main

Replace "testing" with "stable" or "unstable" depending upon your
tastes.

BS> There is always http://www.apt-get.org but I recommend you stick
BS> to _trusted_ repositories and not arbitrary ones.

I've never had any bad experiences with repositories found at
apt-get.org.  The guy who runs that site is real good about weeding
out the less reliable repositories.