Re: best Debian CDR burner

On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 11:51 -0600, NZG wrote:
> I've got an old CD-Writer Plus (regular CDR burner) that I've jammed into my
> KDE Debian box and I'm trying to figure out the best software package to go
> with here, there seem to be several options.
>
> Anyone out there who's done this before and has any advice?
>
> thx,
> NZG.

If you want a GUI there are two main choices that I would suggest.
For a VERY VERY complete and somewhat bloated GUI, there is k3b, a QT
app written for the K Desktop Environment.
If you want a simpler one that usually works there is xcdroast.
And if you are a command line person, there is cdrecord. :)
I think all three of those packages, as well as their dependencies are
all in APT.
	-- Kyle