Time to Purchase a Cable Modem!

I'm leaning towards Netgear's CG814M Wireless Cable Modem Gateway.  It looks
like a nice combination of cable modem and router, with NAT *and* Stateful
Packet Inspection. (Many of the competitors appear to lack SPI.) I don't
anticipate using the wireless capabilities (tongue firmly planted against cheek)
but one never knows, and I believe that wireless capability must be explicitly
enabled by the user.

Before I jump in, does anyone have good or bad experiences with this product?
Is there another cable modem on the market that I should consider?

- Harold