Re: Win2003 server/SMB -- 2003 changed the handshake (in violation

On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 08:41 -0800, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 08:15, Robert Citek wrote:
> > From what I hear, all the Windows machines can connect to the Win2003 server
> > just fine.
>
> Of course, with the default options.  All NT4+ clients are fairly good.
>
> It's the DOS7 (95/98/ME) and extended NT4 and NT5.0 (2000) options that
> are problematic.  In a nutshell, Microsoft stopped bothering trying to
> deal with all the "quirks" in each implementation.

Bryan,

Would it be possible for you to put together a "meatball chart" that
shows version vs capability support for all this. I'm getting confused
by all these details, but I think it's important that this information
be made available in a compact, easy-to-follow format. You seem to know
a lot more about this than most of the rest of us.

--Doc