Re: BitTorrent away (or not)!

On Thursday, Dec 30, 2004, at 21:36 US/Central, bentley_rhodes wrote:
> how do i open up tcp ports 6881:6889?  i've told (through root) FC3 to
> open them up, but when the azureus client opens up to download bit
> torrents, it won't work.  i can download but i cannot upload.
>
> i have read the following link
> (http://userpages.umbc.edu/~hamilton/btclientconfig.html) and i can't
> get BitTorrent to share the downloaded files that i am getting.  i
> have a d-link 514, and i've tried putting in the numbers, i'm just
> wondering if anyone has had similiar experience.  i've told Linux to
> open up the following ports for traffic under root --> iptables -t nat
> -I PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 6881:6889 -j DNAT --to-destination >
> <host>.

Working backwards:
  - does BT work when you flush all IP table rules?
  - does BT work when you remove all FW rules from the D-Link?
  - does BT work when you connect your machine directly to the internet?

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource.  Distribute FLOSS for
Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent