Re: ubuntu (was: Xandros3 released)

Robert,

I should've mentioned that I've been running Ubuntu for a couple of
months. Started with a Win98 machine, converted it to dual boot
Libranet, and now have gone straight Linux with Ubuntu. The initial
install delivers all the basics....OpenOffice, AbiWord, The GIMP,
Evolution Groupware, Firefox, gftp, xsane, plus other goodies. The
software install is limited but not restrictive. You always have apt-get
or Synaptic access to the universe of Debian programs for k3b, etc. You
get what you want this way without having to eat gobs and gobs of
useless download. It runs my brand-spanking-new Epson Stylus CX6400
multi-function printer and I've experienced no mechanical problems
whatsoever.

http://ubuntulinux.org provides several download versions, including one
for a live CD if anyone wishes to try it that way.

Hope you enjoy it,
Leon