Re: Xandros3 released

On Wednesday, Dec 15, 2004, at 22:47 US/Central,
mike808@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
> You can have it now for ~$90. Or you can have it in six months for ~$0.

I was hoping an OC version was available so that I can see how
different it is from v2.0 Deluxe.

> And if you're a Windows Refugee, and thought Xandros 2 might fit the
> bill, X3 definitely will.

Really?!  X2 is working great.  Both the wife and the mom are using it
right now.  What they like about it is no so much what it has but
rather what it does not have.  It has a browser (Mozilla) and an office
suite (OpenOffice.org).  That's all they use.  It doesn't have a
billion menu options which would only overwhelm them.  So, for their
use, Xandros is ideal.

Now, if X3 was faster and came with FireFox and a newer version of
OpenOffice.org and a better CrossOverOffice (for those Word docs, just
in case), then I'd buy it right now.  But I'd really like to
try-before-buying, especially since X2 is working so well.

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource.  Distribute FLOSS for
Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent