grub + lvm

i go off searching for a discussion about grub supporting lvm and look
at what i find:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2004-05/msg00041.html

a post by our very own mr bryan smith :)

i am honestly suprised by the lack of lvm support in lilo and grub,
both seem to require a "normal" partition in order to function.

i personally would like to have my entire hda as an lvm physical
volume rather than hda1 or hda2.  i suppose that there isnt much of a
disk space difference, but it is my understanding that ppc linux
distros can use hda as the pv and still boot.

oh well, add another to the wish list

Casey