Re: Tools and Techniques

On Friday, Dec 10, 2004, at 16:54 US/Central, NZG wrote:
> No, not at all, I think XUL more than meets the stated requirements.
> I'm just saying that stated or not, if a customer paid me to develop a
> web
> interface to one of our products, and IE couldn't see it, I'd get
> strung up.
> I don't like it any more than you do, but it's just a fact of life
> right now
> because they've got 90% of the market.

I think we're just guessing what the full req's are.  If the
requirements are for client-only capabilities (i.e. browser only, no
server, not 'Net connection), then JavaScript or XUL (or other?) would
be a way to go.  If the requirements are for client/server
capabilities, then PHP would be my first choice.  In both cases, HTML
would be a prerequisite.

As for the I.E. has 90% market share, built it and they will come.
That is, build apps in XUL and package FireFox with it.  I do that with
OOo all the time.

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource.  Distribute FLOSS for
Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent