Toshiba Portege external floppy...

  Anybody have one that you'll loan me for a week or so?  I've got an old Toshiba Portege (486/133/48/2.3), but no floppy drive for it.  It's one of the early "ultra portables" that had no built in removable media drives.  I already have a parallel-port CDROM, but you can't boot off of that...

  I've also got a 13 year old daughter, and she's got the silly notion that it'd be great to have a typewriter (Why, I don't know, since she already has a computer, and she and her mother are getting a newer one from her mom's uncle...).  Anyway, I thought I'd format this system with one of the small-footprint distros and a word-processor program, toss in one of the old impact printers that I've got laying around, and let her have at it.

  Might even show her how to open a pipe to tty1 and echo chars down it (for that 'typewriter' feel)...

Thanks,
William

--
William Underwood