Re: RH8 apt-get weirdness

Mike Cash <nze0005@globaleyes.net> wrote ..
> mike808@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
> > Yeah. Like the error messages could be better. Who would have guessed
> from the error message that I would need to know about something called
> "upgradevirt.lua", whatever that is, and turning off the "upgrade-virtual"
> option in my default apt configuration.
>
> www.lua.org

Thanks for the pointer. Who knew the world needed yet another programming language. And needed to know it to configure apt properly. And it sure looks an awful lot like Perl.

My point still stands. The error message is totally unrelated to both the solution and the knowledge required to implement the solution. Open Source needs to do better, or be justifiably marginalized by the masses to be "by geeks, for geeks".

mike/